If you are wondering, why should I use WordPress when there are so many other blogging platforms out there to use? A recent study done has shown that close to 49% of people who blog are using WordPress. This is a huge statistic and I believe it is due to the ease of use that WordPress given its users.
Follow the steps below to install WordPress onto your new domain name.
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Launch.
- From the Content menu, select Go Daddy Hosting Connection.
- Click WordPress.
- Click Install Now!.
- Select the domain name you want to use.
- If you don’t have a Go Daddy Support profile, enter a display name, agree to the Support terms of service, and then click Next.
- Enter a database description and password, and then click Next.
- Choose an unused installation directory, and then click Next. For example, if you want your WordPress website to display when someone goes to yourdomainname.com/blog then blog is the installation directory.
If you want your WordPress website to display when someone goes directly to your domain name, remove any text from this field and leave it empty. This is very important. I left mine blank so my blog would be on yourdomainname.com. This is your option to make it yourdomainname.com or yourdomainname.com/blog
Enter the Admin Name, Admin Password, Email and Blog Title for your WordPress installation.
You are creating a new WordPress account here. None of this information is from a previous WordPress you have set up.
To be able to log into your website now to edit it in any way you go to:
Enjoy blogging on WordPress under your own domain!